Soltara In The Amazon
Our 30-hectare sanctuary is also an ecological preserve, located in the High Protection Zone of the Cordillera Escalera National Park.
Home to many endangered and protected species of wildlife, the Cordillera Escalera National spans 150,000 hectares and was the first of 25 Regional Conservation Areas in Peru. The mountain range sits at the border of the Amazon rainforest and the Andes mountains, and the natural corridor consists of a so-called ‘Foggy Forest’ (in Spanish, bosque nublado) which is vital to the ecosystem of this evergreen jungle. From the ridge originate two rivers – the Shilkayo and the Cumbaza, which feed the nearby cities of Tarapoto and Lamas.
The top half of our retreat center grounds sit inside the Cordillera Escalera National Park, and you can walk straight into the untouched primary forest of the Amazon, visit the river running through our property, and sink into the lush and vibrant soundscape of the rainforest.
Testimonials from Tarapoto, Peru
Where the Amazon meets the Andes
We maintain strict adherence to our ecological duty as partial stewards of this precious land and nature reserve, while employing many modern and sustainable comforts so you can dive deeply into your experience in safety and serenity. Our center is completely off-grid, secluded in the national park yet only 20 minutes from the city of Tarapoto, Peru. Enjoy a digital detox, and let your mind, body, and nervous system relax and rejuvenate in our rainforest haven.
- 30-hectare sanctuary in the high jungle of Peru
- Nestled in the Cordillera Escalera mountain range, where the Amazon meets the Andes
- The climate and altitude make this location favorable to a high degree of biodiversity
- Surrounded by untouched primary rainforest of the Amazon
- Intimately sized groups (maximum capacity 13 people)
- Fully off-grid, with solar-powered lights and hot showers
- Technology-free retreats for a deep digital detox
- Secluded natural environment that is a short 20-minute drive to the city center
- No light pollution/human-made sound pollution
- Spring-fed water systems
- Modern bathrooms with flush toilets
- Simple yet elegant accommodations with modern comforts
- Eco-Tambo (traditional jungle hut) option available
- Large library with over 500 books
- The center is also a local government-endorsed ecological preserve
- Conscious kitchen serving ayahuasca-friendly cuisine, inspired by local Peruvian and Shipibo dishes
Stay in touch!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Join the movement
Help us co-create a community that fosters open dialogue, personal connection, and high-quality resources. Expand your knowledge base, attend regular live events & circles, and continue your healing process.