Soltara Healing Center, a Shipibo ayahuasca center located on the mountainous shores of Costa Rica's Nicoya Peninsula, is seeking a female candidate interested in working with plant medicine, facilitating for guests both in and out of ceremony, and potentially assisting in translation for our Shipibo maestros.
(please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements)
- Have at least 50 personal ceremonies with ayahuasca (preferably within the Shipibo tradition)
- Experience facilitating or assisting in plant medicine ceremonies for individuals or groups
- Extensive experience working with people, both one-on-one and in a group capacity
- Experience and/or willingness to live in community and work as part of a team which includes taking full responsibility for your own process while being able to hold space for others simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Spanish
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Significant experience with ayahuasca in the Shipibo tradition
- Experience facilitating ayahuasca ceremonies/retreats in the Shipibo tradition
- Fluency in Spanish and English, at a native level for both
- Completed several dietas in the Shipibo tradition
Please note that Soltara will not respond if you do not meet the initial strict requirements as listed above.
Please send a brief written personal introduction along with a CV/resume of your work experience(s) to email@example.com. Please explain your background and experience with plant medicines, your reasons for wanting to join our team, why you feel qualified to be of service in this way, and your availability and desired commitment in months/year. If you are fluent or proficient in Spanish, please include this information as well. Facilitators typically work 3 weeks, followed by 1 week off. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months out of the year (not necessarily consecutive).
We are grateful to offer this opportunity to take part in this important and fulfilling healing work alongside a vibrant medicine community!
Work Exchange/Volunteer Opportunities
We are honored to work with a dedicated team of passionate, loving, committed individuals who are called to a path of service. Work exchange opportunities at Soltara are available on a case-by-case basis, depending on our current needs and availability. Opportunities can include yoga teaching, kitchen support, maloca assistance, videography, social media, marketing, and content capturing, to name a few.
- Must have been a guest previously at Soltara. We do not accept anyone into our work exchange program who has not gone through a retreat experience with us.
- Experience working with ayahuasca plant medicine
- Experience and/or willingness to live in community and work as part of team which includes taking full responsibility for your own process while being able to complete your duties simultaneously.
- Competency and experience in the skillset you are offering, including references and/or links to work portfolio.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
- Experience working with ayahuasca plant medicine in the Shipibo tradition
- Experience working with people in a service capacity
- A background in personal work and group work
- Availability of at least one month
- Private room accommodations
- All meals
- Opportunity to participate in weekly ceremonies
- Opportunity to participate in group classes including yoga, meditation, and staff sharing circles