Working with The Shadow: One Week Retreat with Dorian Yates
With Olga Urquia Rengifo and Américo Lopez Sanchez
August 15 - 22, 2021
Dorian Yates’ philosophy and spirituality has informed his approach to both his life and his prolific career. A former professional body-builder, 6-time Mr. Olympia Winner, yoga and meditation enthusiast, dedicated father and husband, and mentor to many, Dorian applies his deeply rooted values to every aspect of his life. He shares that his success comes from being true to yourself, owning your individuality, committing to your growth, and striving to savor every moment that life has to offer. Through his dedication to his path and perseverance through major adversity and trauma, Dorian’s holistic approach translates to fulfilling one’s potential in all aspects of life.
We are excited to offer a chance to participate in a special retreat with Dorian, August 15 – 22, 2021.
Through a week of ceremony, medicine, and community at Soltara, participants will have the chance to connect with Dorian, share stories, struggles, and triumphs, and learn from this legend while diving deeply into their own healing journeys. Having worked with plant medicines and holistic therapies since his professional days, he has been able to bridge this type of healing work with the discipline and commitment of a long-time champion in an intensely competitive field. Whether you’re interested in overcoming trauma, persevering through adversity, connecting with your body, or understanding the mental fortitude it takes to break through your limitations, Dorian’s life experience can help you dig deep and connect to that inner strength and power.
Dorian is not your typical bodybuilder, nor your typical yogi. Breaking out of the stereotype of what spirituality looks like, his mission is to help others transcend the false limitations and beliefs that may be holding them back from living their most authentic life. Earning the nickname “The Shadow” – due to his tendency to remain out of the spotlight and public eye only to emerge in major bodybuilding contests and win – Dorian’s dedicated approach to his goals has inspired millions to align their life with their values, passions, and talents to succeed in any path.
Dorian’s life is a testament to authenticity, devotion, and strength. From a British working class, country boy to champion of 15 major professional bodybuilding contests, his fame and glory never swayed him from the humility and hunger that pushed him towards his purpose. After suffering major traumatic injuries (just 3 weeks before his final Mr. Olympia competition, which he won despite them), his career as a bodybuilder ended, and he was forced to transcend his previous identity. Digging more deeply into his spiritual practice, he now espouses the benefits of yoga, meditation, ritual, plant medicine and other holistic modalities.
Explore the benefits these modalities have to offer in a safe and supportive environment. Join us August 15 – 22, 2021 for a week of integrative medicine work and deep spiritual healing, combining the time-honored practices of traditional Shipibo shamanism with in-depth discussions about living your best life with Dorian.
We look forward to supporting you.
“Life is movement. Adapt to your circumstance, go with the flow, whatever you do… give it your heart.”
Your stay at Soltara includes:
- 4 ayahuasca ceremonies with highly-experienced Peruvian female & male Shipibo healers
- Intimate group sizes (maximum capacity 22 guests) with individualized attention from healers during ceremony
- Interactive Q&A discussions with Dorian Yates throughout the week
- High facilitator-to-guest ratio with skilled facilitators who have combined decades of experience working in ceremony and helping guests through the healing process
- One-on-one consultations with our healers (and translator)
- Your own copy of our integration book, The Hero’s Journal, which assists you as you begin your own Hero’s Journey (published by Soltara in collaboration with clinical psychologists, this book follows a psychological treatment framework adapted to the ayahuasca experience and includes beautiful art and self-guided tools to empower you in your medicine and integration journey)
- On-site integration workshops and sharing circles
- All meals in our conscious cuisine kitchen, prepared fresh daily from organic, pesticide-free, local sources in an ayahuasca-friendly manner
- Transportation to and from the pick-up location near SJO airport (details in your confirmation email and on our travel logistics page)
- Yoga classes for all levels throughout your stay
- Pranayama breathwork and meditation sessions
- Floral baths with medicinal plants lovingly prepared by our healers
- Nature immersion and multiple walking trails in one of the most abundant & biodiverse regions on the planet
- Access to our fully stocked jungle gym
- Access to our creative space for music, art, writing, and dance
- Access to our private on-site pool
- Air-conditioning in all rooms (except Eco-Tambo option)
- High-speed WiFi (although we encourage all guests to disconnect as much as possible!)
- Lifetime 10% discount for all return visits
- Participation in our premiere integration program and community with a highly qualified integration support team
- Access to two semi-private beaches with gentle waters along the gorgeous Gulf of Nicoya
Our all-inclusive program is designed for your optimal ease and comfort, so you can free your mind to focus fully on yourself and your experience.
We look forward to having you with us.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Maestra Olga Urquia Rengifo comes from Roaboya, a small native community outside of Pucallpa, Peru. She has a natural gift for this work, having been immersed in the world of plant medicine since she was a young child. Olga’s Shipibo name is “Bawan Same.” In her native language, “bawan” is the name of a brightly colored parrot that is known to have the characteristics of intelligence and kindness. Olga indeed brings a keen sensitivity to her work with guests. Her presence is a welcome balance of strength and compassion. Our guests often comment on the quiet power of her icaros…
Learn more about Olga Urquia Rengifo
Américo Lopez Sanchez is from a town called Roaboya near Pucallpa, Peru. He also goes by the name Pekon Nima, which in Shipibo means “the many colors of nature.” Américo is one of the healers that has chosen to share his medicine and love here at Soltara. The story goes that Américo’s mother gave birth to him under a Shihuahuaco tree near a rubber plantation where his parents were sent to work at the time. His mother, already having had 3 boys before him, had wanted a girl and thus had decided to bury him. As a result he was rescued…
Learn more about Américo Lopez Sanchez